CO2 Regulator Advice Needed

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ryanmcl

Reaction score
Hello- I currently have a 4 tab system with (1) 5lb tank inside the firdge. This regulator hangs off the tank:

CO2 Beer Regulator,Three Gauge, DUAL BODY MFL Checkvalvse- Choose Your Barb Size

I use one of the outputs for force carbing and the second one has a slitter on it that feeds the rest of the kegs.

If i move the dual regulator out of the fridge should i run both line back in? One for carbing and one hooked up to this style secondary?

4 Body, Chudnow Secondary Regulator, High Pressure

Any advice on optimal setup would be welcomed.

Here are the pics from the links above to make it cleaner.

2 node.jpg

4 node.jpg

I used the Chudnow regulator (dual body) initially, but encountered and issue with it, so exchanged/upgraded to a Taprite dual body regulator (from Keg Connection).

I run both lines into my brew fridge (CO2 tank is sitting outside of the fridge) via bulkheads. I have each body connected to a different manifold inside the fridge, which then sends the gas to either two, or three, kegs. I adjust the psi level of the body to be what I need/want for the kegs that's on that one.

I thought bout that as well but kind of wanted a pressure valve dedicated to each keg. It is about 5 times the cost but i figured i would find the ideal setup first then scale down as needed.

You don't need that with the Taprite regulators. As you adjust the pressure (especially down) it vents out to match (at the body). If you're using ball lock kegs, you have a pressure relief valve/fitting in the lid. If not, then you can use the gas post to vent as you change pressure.

I carbonate with the 2(+) week "set and forget" method. Since I have room for four kegs in the fridge, but only three faucets, it's not an issue.

I'd rather get a top shelf regulator than one with gizmo's that you really don't NEED (but think you need, or want).

Also, with Keg Connection, you can contact them and request MFL fittings for the body out (they default to barb on the dual body regulators). I had mine sent that way. Means I don't need to cut the hose when I need to change it. Or when I move, I won't have to worry.

Back