CO2 refills in North Dallas area

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Went by today and confirm the $20 for single tank.

I brought a 5lb and 20 lb so got "regular" pricing which has gone up

New pricing if you are not subject to single tank fills:

5# is $12.50 plus tax
20# is $25 plus tax

Just filled 2 5# tanks for about $16.50 after taxes at Simplex Grinnell in Richardson. No brainer for those of us in Plano/Richardson area.

My 5lb. tank needed a new hydro test so I dropped it by Koetter for a test and fill. It was a two day turn around and they charged me $12.50 for the fill and $18 for the testing. This was for a single tank. I don't know if I wasn't subjected to the single tank fill up price increase because I also had them hydro test it or if it was because my transaction "seemed" like it was business related to the industry due to my work uniform instead of random plain clothes dude off the street related.

Just had my 20# tank filled at Simplex Grinell in Ricardson. Total cost for an in-certification tank was $33.12. $1.53 per pound. You want to call Craig (214) 681-5292 at the back dock if you need a fill. I asked him about sending more homebrewers his way, and he said absolutely. Just give him a call. He also said it would be around I believe $27 for a recertification. Also best to bring a personal check to pay. They can't do cash.

1125 E Collins Blvd, Richardson, TX 75081

SO called aroung and got he following:

Garland Weldind (now Praxair) 20lb is $26.50, 5 lb is $18.50. Price are up from past when I spent $17 on 20lb

Mr Gs/Spec - 20lb is $30, 5 is $17

Kegs and Barrels - 20lb is $35, 5 is $18

Koetter 20lbs $25, 5 lb $12.50 subject to a minimum charge of $20 I believe

+1 on Craig @ Simplex Grinnell. Great guy, cheap refill (~$8 for 5lb. tank fill). Plus he likes to talk baseball!

Bumping this thread. Choice Beverages in Mckinney (4600 W Eldorado Pkwy Suite 700, McKinney, TX 75070) will swap a 5 lb tank for $35.

Any other choices in far north dallas?

Latest posts

Back