CO2 refill in Litttleton CO

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian-d

Reaction score
Hi,
I was wondering if anyone has a suggestion for CO2 refills near Littleton, CO? My resource recently moved their business north so I am looking for another place. Thanks!

I'm on the hunt too (I actually have my c02 tank in the car right now). I heard there was a good fire extinguisher place south of downtown, but they're only open during normal business hours during the week and i'm working in Westminster.

For now i've just been doing bottle exchanges at the BeerAtHome shops, in Westminster or Englewood if i'm at home.

I'm looking to get into kegging in the near future, so the Red Comet ADX recommendation from both riverfrontbrewer and Dahoov is appreciated. Thank you!

They are moving in mid june though....so that should make the brewers in the norhtern burbs happy!

Wow, that sucks for me. :( That turns a 33 mile round trip into a 60+ mile round trip. Not sure it is worth it anymore. Guess I will think about swapping my 20 pounder at the local hydroponics shop from now on. Might even consider selling my 5 pounder....scratching chin...:off:

Yeah, I would think we could find something in the south metro area that is comparable in price to Red Comet.
There is one place that I keep forgetting to call but I pass it every day....it's at I-25 & Santa Fe next to the Home Depot.

Hey,
Here is an update since posting early this week. There is a brew supply store in Lakewood I was not aware of but found on the AHA site. The store is called Barley Haven. They are located 1050 South Wadsworth Blvd. Lakewood, CO 80226. and their phone number is (720) 269-4278. They refill 5# bottles for $9.99! They also do exchanges. I'm going to try them.

General air off I25 and 8th $13 now for a 5lb exchange. In and out in a minute and they have free soda and coffee

Hey guys,
Yes Red Comet has moved to Northglenn already. It sucks because they were only $8 for a 5lb refill! I've called a few places down south here and the best one I've found is pretty close to where Red Comet was before. It's High Plains Welding Supply. Address is 3035 South Umatilla St Englewood 80110. 303-789-2844. $15 for a refill while you wait. That's the cheapest place down south I've found. Hope it helps people!

Hey guys,
Yes Red Comet has moved to Northglenn already. It sucks because they were only $8 for a 5lb refill! I've called a few places down south here and the best one I've found is pretty close to where Red Comet was before. It's High Plains Welding Supply. Address is 3035 South Umatilla St Englewood 80110. 303-789-2844. $15 for a refill while you wait. That's the cheapest place down south I've found. Hope it helps people!

If I am going to pay $15 for a refill I would much rather give my money to Brew Hut than some welding supply place, but to each his own I suppose.

If I am going to pay $15 for a refill I would much rather give my money to Brew Hut than some welding supply place, but to each his own I suppose.

Yes me too but Brew Hut is not exactly close to Littleton. That's quite a drive over there during the day. Next time I'll give my money to Brew at Home on Broadway and Oxford area. They are $15 as well but they only do exchanges not refills. Brew Hut is nice and all but they are so far overpriced on everything it's not even funny!

Oh, and to add to my last post....I doubt I would want to do an exchange anytime soon since my bottle just had it"s 5 year test.

They only do exchange. Its on the west side of I25 just north of the 8th ave exit. Next to the big blue hot tub building

I just had to get my 20 lb bottle refilled. I did not realize that Red Comet had moved. I was very disappointed to drive there and find an empty building.

I had another errand that took me to 8th and I-25 area. I swapped my 20 lb bottle for a fresh one at General Air. Total cost of $19.40.

They have another location at 4901 So. Rio Grande St. in Littleton. That is just north of Santa Fe and Belleview.

I was up at Standly lake waterskiing with a friend a few weeks ago. While I was in the area I had Red Comet fill my 5 pounder. It was still $8. I asked them about filling my 20 pounder and they said the price went up to $25. So swapping at General Air or a hydroponic shop seems like the cheapest option. Aurora Hydroponic on the corner of Quincy and Chambers swapped my 20 pounder for $15 about 6 months ago. If one is attached to their bottle, Brew Hut will fill a 20 pounder for $30. Use your monthly discount and it would be around $27 including tax.

Ladies and Gentlemen. I am openining a shop in Castle Rock and will have 5 lb fills for under $9.49. I am still working on a hydro test service as well that will likely cost $30. I am trying to find a cheaper person. Look for us in Jan 2013. Castle Rock seems far, but is 10 minutes sount of 25/C-470.

Prost

Thanks for the heads-up on Red Comet ADX. I just called them and it's apparently $12.50 to refill a 10 lb tank there (still $8 for 5 lb tanks).

Check them out!

Blasted iPhone app!

Go to

Barley Haven. They are located 1050 South Wadsworth Blvd. Lakewood, CO 80226

I bought gas today and it was quickly filled and around $10 for a 5 lb tank

Worth going to

Great crew running the place.

Thanks for the heads-up on Red Comet ADX. I just called them and it's apparently $12.50 to refill a 10 lb tank there (still $8 for 5 lb tanks).

Up refilling my tanks a RedComet this a.m. and got a nasty surprise, they're now charging $2/lb regardless of tank size. Evidently the cost of CO2 has shot up since the pot legalization - no one mentioned that side effect during the campaign!

I'll have to start fishing around again for a place to do cheap refills - not keen to trade away my nice new tanks. Has anyone pulled off a cheap refill in the Denver metro area in 2014?

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Worth going to

Very nice folks working at Barley Haven, I was quoted $11 for a 5lb tank refill and $22 for a 10lb tank. They do the fill on site so you don't have to drop off and pick up later.

I did some more shopping around after the big price bump at Red Comet ADX, and came up with a winner.

Way to Grow (301 57th Ave in Denver), an "Organic & Hydroponic Gardening" operation, offers 20lb swaps for $6.99, and will also refill any size tank for $6.99 (sounds like they generally have you leave the tanks and give you a pick up time later that day or the following day, but if you happen to come in when the guy is doing the daily tank refill you can wait and take yours home then). I dropped my two 10lb tanks off this afternoon and picked them up full a few hours later. Can't believe this pricing!

My tank was empty, and of course its Sunday, so my options are limited.

Load up the tank, and was charged $30 for the refill.

YIKES!

Guess they need to pay for their new location.

Gotta find a new place, any suggestions?

Worth going to

I used to get my tank refilled at Red Comet. Red Comet moved, so I was on the lookout. My local liquor store has branched out into the home kegging industry.

Liquor Barn on Broadway (west side of the street, in between 285 and Belleview) right across the street from my local homebrew store (Beer at Home)
http://thedenverliquorbarn.com/
Quoted from their website:

"We also exchange empty tanks for full tanks. Bring in your empty tank, and leave with a full one!

Exchange Prices:

TYPE SIZE PRICE
CO2 2.5LB $7.00
CO2 3LB $9.00
CO2 5LB $10.00
NO2 5LB $15.00
NO2 100% 5LB $19.99
CO2 7LB $12.00
CO2 10LB $13.00
CO2 15LB $15.00
CO2 20LB $19.00
CO2 50LB $40.00
NO2 50LB $69.99
We’ll give you trade-in credit toward a filled tank, or for an upgrade charge, you can trade up to a larger tank, or upgrade a steel tank to aluminum. Some conditions apply.

If your tank’s stamp is older than five years, you will need a hydrostatic test, and an extra $15.00 charge will apply. We don’t always have every size, so if you’re looking for a specific size, please call first to make sure we have one available. We always have lots of tanks, and will always work something out with you."

They have always been very nice and helpful to me. The last time I needed CO2 I traded in a 4 year old tank (in need of a hydrostatic test soon) for a tank that was certified within the previous 4 months.

Good Luck!

My tank was empty, and of course its Sunday, so my options are limited.

Load up the tank, and was charged $30 for the refill.

YIKES!

Guess they need to pay for their new location.

Gotta find a new place, any suggestions?

I'd repeat my recommendation from above, you're never going to beat $6.99 for any size tank refill (give them a call but I'd be extremely surprised if they're closed on Sundays):

I did some more shopping around after the big price bump at Red Comet ADX, and came up with a winner.

Way to Grow (301 57th Ave in Denver), an "Organic & Hydroponic Gardening" operation, offers 20lb swaps for $6.99, and will also refill any size tank for $6.99 (sounds like they generally have you leave the tanks and give you a pick up time later that day or the following day, but if you happen to come in when the guy is doing the daily tank refill you can wait and take yours home then). I dropped my two 10lb tanks off this afternoon and picked them up full a few hours later. Can't believe this pricing!

I'd repeat my recommendation from above, you're never going to beat $6.99 for any size tank refill (give them a call but I'd be extremely surprised if they're closed on Sundays):

It would be worth the drive at at that price.

Thank you!

Back