Co2 lines

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NCbrewsnob

Reaction score
Hey! I just started brewing and bought a friends co2 system. I noticed that his gas lines said 8/16 ...on the line. Isn't that a half inch. I only have 2 kegs hooked up at the moment and I'm looking to switch out all my gas lines to 5/16. Is this smart or should I leave it alone? Also,will I need to buy new connections too? Thanks!

Hey! I just started brewing and bought a friends co2 system. I noticed that his gas lines said 8/16 ...on the line. Isn't that a half inch. I only have 2 kegs hooked up at the moment and I'm looking to switch out all my gas lines to 5/16. Is this smart or should I leave it alone? Also,will I need to buy new connections too? Thanks!

The gas lines don't matter- all they have to do is be able to get gas from the regulator through your connections to your kegs. They can be any length, and any diameter that fits. If what you have works, I wouldn't change it.

Back