CO2 Leak detector - inline

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elfmaze

Reaction score
l had an idea last night of building a little jar that my kegerator feed CO2 flows thru that I can see the Co2 bubbling up thru a liquid on its way to the kegerator... get a better idea of C02 use. But Not sure what liquid I could use without contaminating the gas and if its a good idea or not...

I now see Micromatic sells a product for $150 to solve the same problem. but at $150 ouch

large_mv035060110144504.jpg

Search for "bubble counter". As far as the liquid, what's wrong with water?

Water supports organic growth. It also absorbes co2 and might evaporate into the air supply. Just as quick thoughts... It might be fine

Water supports organic growth. It also absorbes co2 and might evaporate into the air supply. Just as quick thoughts... It might be fine

I have used bubble counters for years. Nothing has ever grown in the water and it has never evaporated.

I had a chance to check these things out.... Looks about what i was looking for. Might have to bypass the bubbler when doing keg transfers and such as I'm not sure about high flow...

Also I haven't verified that these can take the 12-20psi we need in a kegerator.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/o6ETmtiUSiY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Back