Co2 in ferm chamber,ok to open bucket?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JONNYROTTEN

Reaction score
The Co2 trapped in the freezer by the second day is nearly to the top,well above the bucket lid.Enough to knock you out if you stick your head in the chamber.Is this considered a safe buffer to be able to pull the lid and check progress of fermentation.

It should be fine if you have active fermentation. You should look into plastic/glass carboys if you like to check in on things.

There's really no reason to go opening the lid to check on anything if you're only 2 days into fermentation. Every time you open the bucket is just one more chance for something to go wrong.

There's really no reason to go opening the lid to check on anything if you're only 2 days into fermentation. Every time you open the bucket is just one more chance for something to go wrong.
I split 10 gallon batches and reused yeast from the same cake on a previous batch.Stored in 2 separate mason jars.One bucket is bubbling away while the other has real slow airlock action. I wanted to see if the krausen looked the same and maybe have a loose seal or weak yeast in one jar..Worthy of a look..Its day 3.

Hi Jonnyrotten,

Please don't take this question with disrespect.
You have over 900 posts and look like you are a very experienced brewer. Much more experience than myself.

I am just curious why do you feel like you need to look in the bucket after only 2 days ?

Thanks,
Cam

Ok sorry, you answered my question while I was typing this question. Now I understand.

Thanks,
Cam

Latest posts

Back