CO2 gauge help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Iceman6409

Reaction score
Hello everyone. Not sure if this is the right place for this question but here goes. The needle on my CO2 gauge sticks at about 25psi. I have turned everything on to max but it won't go past there. I know there is gas in the tank. I took off the plastic face and used my finger to try and move it past 25psi. It sticks pretty good there but with a little bit of effort it will unstick but then sticks again a little higher and so forth. Needle is definitely NOT hitting the plate with the psi numbers on it. Any thoughts as I know nothing about CO2 regulators.

If it works from 0-25 I say not to worry about it. There is no reason to have a beer to have that high of psi unless your force carbing. Even with that you might have to leave it at 25 for half a day longer or so. But to answer your question might want to take it to a hbs or a gas place and ask them.

Hello everyone. Not sure if this is the right place for this question but here goes. The needle on my CO2 gauge sticks at about 25psi. I have turned everything on to max but it won't go past there. I know there is gas in the tank. I took off the plastic face and used my finger to try and move it past 25psi. It sticks pretty good there but with a little bit of effort it will unstick but then sticks again a little higher and so forth. Needle is definitely NOT hitting the plate with the psi numbers on it. Any thoughts as I know nothing about CO2 regulators.

Did you drop the tank on the regulator, b/c that's what sounds like happened? They actually make guards to help protect from this which can be pretty common b/c the regulators make the tanks off balance.

Back