CO2 Fittings for confetti/t-shirt cannon

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uatuba

Reaction score
I'm needing to build a confetti cannon. I've done this before, but with a full sized SCBA tank w/ regulator and some jury rigged fittings on the hose, which went into a flat PVC end cap on the pressure chamber.

I want to use a 5 lb CO2 tank and my Taprite regulator. I prefer not to use a tire valve in the end cap; I want to use a threaded fitting so that I can leave the hose attached.

Which hoses and fittings would you DIYers recommend going from the regulator to the chamber, keeping in mind that the system will be pressurized at 100 psi.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I would think just use any fittings/hoses that are commonly used for air compressors. I believe the air hose is rated for 300psi. So maybe just some barbed fittings and double up on the hose clamps?

I decided to go with a compressor because my Taprite regulator only goes up to 60 PSI...for some reason I thought it was 100.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Back