CO2 bottle. Outside kegerator or in the freezer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KC10Chief

Reaction score
I have a standard size fridge that is converted into a kegerator with four corny kegs and four taps. It works great but when there are four kegs in there, it's really crowded with the CO2 bottle in there as well. It's a real PITA to jam all of the lines and kegs and bottle and regulator in there and shut the door. How are you guys managing this stuff? Could I just drill a hole from the freezer down into the fridge and run my lines through there and leave the CO2 bottle in the freezer? The freezer works and it definitely gets below freezing. Any harm in this?

As far as the temperature goes, I don't think it would be a problem in the freezer although hopefully someone with more knowledge can confirm that. But if you're going to be putting the co2 bottle on its side to keep it in the freezer, that's a no no.

Yeah, assuming you've got to put the tank on its side in the freezer I'd stay away from that. If I were you I'd find a spot next to the fridge for it and drill a hole to the inside. not sure what you've got set up right now as far as regulators so you might have to get a longer high pressure line, but it will definitely wind up saving you some trouble in the long run. There are several posts on here about how to find a good spot to drill through the side of a fridge, or you could run the gas line through the front door to avoid all of that mess if you wanted to instead.

Latest posts

Back