CO2 Bottle Filling In Memphis?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cpt_Kirks

Reaction score
Who should I take my CO2 bottle to for filling in the Memphis area?

It is a new aluminum tank, so I don't really want to swap it.

Check in the yellow pages and call around to industrial gas places and welding shops and see who will fill rather than swap. They have to have the set-up to do the filling.

You can try a local refreshment distributor, as in Coke or Pepsi, they may rent,.

I saw a Coke c02 tank recently, had "$75 deposit required". That was for a 20lb tank. I'm sure anywhere you "rent" you'll have to pay a deposit.

I think you'd be best off finding a used one. Welding supply stores will exchange them, as in most HomeDepot's. Our Home Depot, who goes through "PraxAir" wants $194 for a full 20lb tank and $144 for a 10lb tank. Trade is around $15 for the 20lb.

If you want to fill, you may try to Fire Extinguisher place, or again contact Pepsi or Coke, they have to get them filled, and they may do them for you if they do them inhouse.

Check for fire extinguisher places. That's where I got my 20lb filled. Cost me $38 on a Monday, and +$4 for any other time during the week.

Good luck!

I probably should ask my LHBS but I have a Pepsi co2 tank. It is old and in need of a refurbish. The place I fill my other tank will not fill or exchange it because it is owed by Pepsi.

I am about to use it for scrap.

Also, I bought the tank I use and regulator from Sparkling Carbonic. Refurbed 10# tank and a new regulator with a fill for $100.

They are a Cincinnati company though. And I won an ebay auction from them which is a little cheaper than their normal prices. And for me they are only a bit out of my way.

Can you tell me where this shop is and what they charge for filling a 5lb tank?

It's "EZ Paintball", in the strip mall on the north side of highway 64, just east of Fletcher Trace Pkwy, in Lakeland (9160 Highway 64 # 7).

I was in there just last night getting a refill, in fact. Cost $15.

I recently got my new 24oz paintball tank for portable dispensing filled there for $5.

Excellent, thanks! That solves that problem. Now I just need to find where to get the kegs of beer until I can get set back up brewing my own. :)

You mentioned a LHBS. Where's that located?

Excellent, thanks! That solves that problem. Now I just need to find where to get the kegs of beer until I can get set back up brewing my own. :)

You mentioned a LHBS. Where's that located?

Here ya go:

Midsouth Malts
(901) 682-1293
741 N White Station Rd
Memphis, TN

I don't know if the park has CO2 or not. If you know where to look, you can see my house in that view.

Address: 9640 Davies Plantation East, Memphis, TN 38002
Phone: 901-372-3383
Themed Fields: Yes
Equipment Rentals: Yes
Compressed Air Refill: Yes
CO2 Tank Refill: Yes :ban:
Paintball Store in Park: Yes
Total Number of Fields: 8
Number of Woods Ball Fields: 7
Number of Speed Ball Fields: 1

I have to drive 10miles to get mine filled :(

Address: 9640 Davies Plantation East, Memphis, TN 38002
Phone: 901-372-3383
Themed Fields: Yes
Equipment Rentals: Yes
Compressed Air Refill: Yes
CO2 Tank Refill: Yes :ban:
Paintball Store in Park: Yes
Total Number of Fields: 8
Number of Woods Ball Fields: 7
Number of Speed Ball Fields: 1

I have to drive 10miles to get mine filled :(

I wonder what they charge. I just went by the park. Twice.

have you tried Floied Fire Extinguisher 3050 Lamar Ave in memphis?

I personally haven't, but another brewer in Oxford said he was able to get his tank filled there fairly easily.

I get mine filled at AirGas on Presidents Island. I use a 10# tank so I dont have to go there very often. The dudes name is Jeff and he will fill your tank so you dont have to swap it out.....ph # 901-946-5993. Just drive down there and you're good to go! with the shiney new tank!!
[ame]http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=air+gas+mem&fb=1&split=1&gl=us&ei=8RMhSuaRNYmMtgfxt_29Bg&sa=X&oi=local_group&ct=image&resnum=1[/ame]
look for flag a, b or c
2541 Harbor Ave

Memphis, TN 38113 :mug:

Reviving an old thread. Anyone have any idea on where to refill an O2 tank? I just scored a medical oxygen tank with a nice regulator on it. But it is empty. I know it can be difficult to refill a medical oxygen tank without a perscription, but does anyone have any leads?

Back