CO2 and hydro testing in Cincinnati

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

battousaiyan

Reaction score
Does anyone have any advice on where to get hydro testing and CO2 fills in the cincinnati area? I have a new aluminum cylinder that I want to keep, so exchanging isn't an option. I tried searching through posts and Google, and I have came up with the following list of companies that I need to call during work hours:

Wright Brothers
Airgas
Praxair Distribution, Inc.
Matheson
Allied Supply Company
Scott-Gross
Camp Safety Equipment Inc

Thanks in advance.

In my neck of the woods the cheapest places are Fire Extinguisher companies. And the quickest. They will fill the CO2 while you are waiting, in most cases.

i thought this might benefit other local brewers looking for CO2 cylinder information. i called around and came up with the following companies.

Screen Shot 2015-04-01 at 10.21.10 AM.png

I know this is a little late but I'll add my personal notes. I recently went to Scott Gross. The place is easy to work with and they were very helpful. They swap tanks vs fill, but they will accept your old tank and re-certify it for a fee. Their prices were reasonable. One thing not inlcuded in their pricing is that they charge environmental fees since they are such a large distributor (so add 5 bucks to the cost). I use them for my 20# CO2 and my 40CF Beer gas (nitro).

I have Listermann fill my 5# CO2, because it is cheaper ($14). But that is the largest size they will fill and the tank must be in date.

I've also called Airgas and they weren't as easy to talk with. The guy on the phone seemed like a dope and he was getting pricing from the guy next to him and I'm 99% sure he miscommunicated my requests. Airgas is closer to me so I might try them again in the future.

Thanks to OP for putting together a great list of contact information. For me, figuring this out was the toughest part of building the kegerator.

Old thread but figured I’d update it... Scott gross/awg gas is still doing swaps and fills. There is also a shop next door “corney keg” that will do recertification of tanks. Estimated turn around time for me was 1 week and 15 bucks fwiw.

Old thread but figured I’d update it... Scott gross/awg gas is still doing swaps and fills. There is also a shop next door “corney keg” that will do recertification of tanks. Estimated turn around time for me was 1 week and 15 bucks fwiw.
When I asked on facebook the concensus was to to just swap tanks that need recertification. Seems a little crappy to push the cost on to them but I guess they could stop accepting them if that cared.

Party town and party source swap tanks. Party town swaps 5 and 2.5 lbs and party source does 5 lb swaps.

Back