Closed transfer with beer gas

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coldies

Reaction score
I’ve got a large bottle of beer gas (75% nitrogen and 25% CO2) and was wondering if anybody has used this to do a closed transfer. I’m not a scientist by any means but I’m pretty sure nitrogen is an inert gas and should be fine. Thoughts?

It'll totally work, no problem. If there's an issue it's the relative cost vs a straight CO2 push, as the former is not a liquid-phase material with the attendant density, while the latter is. Given the choice I'd opt for a CO2-push, but if that's not an option I wouldn't lose any sleep over a "beergas push" :)

Cheers!

It'll totally work, no problem. If there's an issue it's the relative cost vs a straight CO2 push, as the former is not a liquid-phase material with the attendant density, while the latter is. Given the choice I'd opt for a CO2-push, but if that's not an option I wouldn't lose any sleep over a "beergas push" :)

Cheers!

I’ve got CO2 but have this large bottle of beer gas for my old nitrogen handle (it’s on the fritz right now) so I rarely use it compared to my CO2. I use to use it to start my siphon a while ago, but it wasn’t a completely closed transfer

Back