Cloning Founders Curmudgeon Betterhalf

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davidabcd

Detroit, Mi.
Reaction score
Edit:
Does anyone have a Founders Betterhalf extract recipe?
thanks

Last edited:
Found this on Founders site. It's all grain
thanks.
that's different than the one I'm looking for--Curmudgeon Betterhalf. I've seen that recipe before and last night I was considering adjusting Curmudgeon, based on what I know, to make Betterhalf. I was hoping someone had a more exact idea of where to go. I'll probably just adjust. The color is right, I know the IBUs. I'm hoping that adding maple syrup will leave the distinct flavor.
I never had a Curmudgeon. I think I'll go on Ratebeer to see if that helps.

Yeah, sorry but I was under the impression that better half was just barrel aged Curmudgeon. Looking at the ABV and IBU's, I see that's not the case. My first instinct is to up the molasses more than the malt, but it's been several years since I had either of them.

Yeah, sorry but I was under the impression that better half was just barrel aged Curmudgeon. Looking at the ABV and IBU's, I see that's not the case. My first instinct is to up the molasses more than the malt, but it's been several years since I had either of them.
No worries. OMG I LOVE Betterhalf.
I saw a grain bill that might be nice, a little lighter in color than Curmudgeon but still give it a hue. I think the key though is the molasses and maple syrup, late addition and then bourbon-soaked oak.
And something I always tell new brewers: It's hard not to make beer. I'll take my own advice.
Thanks.

Back