Clone Recipe Request for Naked Nun Wit

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aotidae

Reaction score
I have not had many beers in this style, but so far this is my favorite. Now that it is getting hotter than hell around here, I have been wanting to try and brew a Naked Nun Clone, or something quite similar. I was wanting to do a 5 gallon batch. Any help would be appreciated.

I would definitely find these helpful if I had I knew exactly what I liked in a witbier. I live in a barren wasteland and I have very limited options on what I can buy. I had naked nun on vacation and I have had maybe two other varieties of the style that I have enjoyed. I know this makes things difficult, but I do appreciate the help. I am trying to move to the Austin area within in the upcoming year, and they actually have homebrew supply stores; allowing me to try out more experiments without all of the shipping and handling fees.

So you start brewing (if you don't move first) and seeing whether you get what you want. I brew on 3 gallon scale, which lets me brew more batches and experiment more.

Try the Celis White clone recipe - Pierre Celis is the man who revived the witbier style, and created both the Hoegaarden and Celis witbiers.

Alright, I never really thought about doing smaller batches. I might have to look into getting a second, smaller keg as well. I really appreciate your input.

Back