Clone a lost friend

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beatty Brewer

Reaction score
I know it is a long shot, but is anyone familiar with Loyalhanna Lager from Latrobe Brewery? There has not been any since 2004 or 2005, even before they sold everything but the brewery to Anheiser Bush. I found some recipes for american amber lagers but it isn't a well defined style from what I saw. I'm new to the forum and home brewing and want to improve my set-up and work up a clone in time for our annual camping Trip this summer.

It's classified as a Munich Dunkel Lager, FYI, but I don't know anything as far as a recipe. Hang tight and I'm sure someone can point you in the right direction.

Greg

It might not be a clone but it looks worth a try. I like the format of the recipes too, makes me wish I could find that water report.

I worked this up on tasty brew from my vague memories:
6.5 boil, 5gal batch, 70% efficiency
5# Munich(light)
4# Six row(pale)
1.5# Flaked corn
.5# 60L Crystal
1oz. Centennial first hopping
I'm not sure what kind of hops I can get, I just heard of a LHBS that isn't 2 hours away but I havn't been there.

Beatty Brewer, have you had any luck with this clone?

Also, I'm looking for Rolling Rock's original recipe from 150 years ago or so.

Signed, a former Latrobe resident.

Back