clogged bottling wand

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

todd_k

Reaction score
the end of my bottling wand (the end that goes into the bottle) has a bit of hops stuck in it and it's really slowing down the beer flow. Any easy way to get that out? I'm not sure if that plastic tip is suppose to come off or not.

This happened to me. I simply slid off the plastic tip at the end of the wand, cleaned it, and placed it back on. Be careful as you do this that the springy thing doesn't shoot out and get lost.

ok, thanks. I wasn't sure if that end was meant to come off and I didn't want to break it.

The tip should slide off. Its probably not a terrible idea to disassemble it for sanitation before each use. Someone chime in if thats overkill, but it makes me feel better.

- magno

They should come apart. But be careful, there is a really small spring in there that will come out and if your not watching it, it will "disappear."

Back