Clocktower Pale Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

injendsm

Reaction score
This label is in its early stages and VERY far from being complete, but I thought I'd post this draft of it up to see what you all think. It will be brewed next month, hopefully, and it will be Midwest's Big Ben Pale Ale recipe kit. Obviously, I'll need to fill in the pertinent information about the beer (brew date, abv, etc.), but I've got some time.

I'm thinking about taking the Big Ben out of there and layering it over a different, wider background. Not sure what other touches I might do but I like the canvas look on the label.

clocktowerlogo.jpg

What do you guys and gals think?

If it were me, I would do away with an actual photo altogether. Make it a head on shot of just a cartoon drawing of the clock with the name around where the numbers are. You can then have the hands pointing in a certain direction if you want (ie. if ABV is 5.20, have the hands in the 5:20 position). Just my 2 cents

If it were me, I would do away with an actual photo altogether. Make it a head on shot of just a cartoon drawing of the clock with the name around where the numbers are. You can then have the hands pointing in a certain direction if you want (ie. if ABV is 5.20, have the hands in the 5:20 position). Just my 2 cents

That's an awesome idea. Thanks. I'll toy around some more and see if I can come up with something.

I like the idea of cartooning up the image. I'm not a big fan of making the entire label one big image (each to their own... right?)

If it where me I would box, circle, oval, etc.... in the tower. Then use common colors to fill in the remainder. I like using Kuler personally. You can upload your main image and it will kick out common colors to help you choose something that will blend well.

If this makes no sense..... Blame it on the fact I am still sipping on my first cup of coffee.....:D

Latest posts

Back