Clear the Beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

Bubbles2

Reaction score
Hey Y'all,
Thanks for looking in. Any of you have experience with Liquor Quik Super-Kleer KC 2-Part Finings ?
I just brewed this IPA and it flew....10 days to 1014, in Primary, just put it in the secondary with dry hop pitch....I want to clean it up a bit. Any help on the time to pitch this stuff in? Mind you I just transferred the IPA to my 2ndary, and pitched an oz of Hops for finish.

Funny N brewer who sent me the supplies told me it would be finished at 1018... This is going to be tasty.. tried it when measuring.

Pics because pics are cool:Liquor Quik Super-Kleer KC 2-Part Finings.JPG

Attachments

DonGavlar

Reaction score
From what I've read, you just give the carboy a swirl and then pitch it straight in so that it mixes (once its done fermenting).
I've never used it though. I was going to use ferm clear on my next batch which I assume is a very similar product however, online I found a few comparison videos on clarity of beer with ferm clear and gelatin and the gelatin won every time hands down.
If you can, just could crash your brew for a day or so and pitch some gelatin, cold crash another day and then bottle/keg it. will give you beautifully clear beer and its cheaper!
Also I've read that that kleer stuff doesn't always work in the 24 hours it states so if it still hasn't cleared within 24 hours give it some time till it does. And if you can.. give the gelatin trick a go, you won't be disappointed.
Hope your brew clears up well, give us an update once it does.. with more cool pics :mug:

OP
Bubbles2

Bubbles2

Reaction score
Well I ordered it and it's on it's way, Gelatin next time. I did cold crash that beer already. I'll see if anyone else can chime in on that product...

DonGavlar

Reaction score
Yep definitely still use it if you've got it, it's still going to be clearer than without :D

OP
Bubbles2

Bubbles2

Reaction score
This one taste like a Ranger... So good!

I've two more kits that will be here on Friday.