Cleaning Sticky Faucet mid-Keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AMH_

Reaction score
I'm about halfway through my keg. Faucet is a bit sticky and I want to clean it.

What do I need to disconnect (beer line/gas line) to make the least amount of waste / mess?
I have the perilic 630ss tap.

Can I even remove the faucet mid keg?

Revised (!):
  1. Disconnect keg
  2. Open faucet to relieve beer pressure in line
  3. Unscrew faucet and clean/soak/rinse
  4. Reattach faucet
  5. Reconnect keg
Enjoy your clean, non-sticky tap!

Last edited:
So its safe to assume that pulling the faucet means the beer in the line is needing to come out in order to not make a mess.

If you really just want to clean the faucet then disconnect the line from the keg, open the faucet with a cup under to release pressure and then remove the faucet.

Cleaning all of the lines is a good thing but is much more involved.

If you really just want to clean the faucet then disconnect the line from the keg, open the faucet with a cup under to release pressure and then remove the faucet.

Cleaning all of the lines is a good thing but is much more involved.
Thanks.
Lines are brand new and had been cleaned / sanitized when installed about a month ago. Not long until the keg kicks.. so they will get another clean at that point

1a. Open faucet to relieve pressure in the disconnected line.

Of course!
You could just unscrew the faucet from the shank, and clean it with a brush or soaking. Leave the line connected to the shank.

I've edited my first reply, incorporating @day_trippr's valuable pressure release step to prevent an unexpected beer shower.

There's no need at all to disconnect the line from the shank.

Last edited:
Back