Cleaning rubber keg handles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

nystevecf

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone have a good solution, they are the blue ones. They just look like they had been sitting in a wearhouse for years. Maybe submerge in oxyclean? You guys always have good tips and tricks so I figured I would ask before filling up the sink with oxy. Thanks in advance.

hayabusa

Reaction score
I'll assume you are talking about cornies....

I hesitate to soak them in anything becuase they are not watertight and getting moisture under there, without adequate ventalation to dry, can create mold/odor - this wouldn't effect the keg so much as it would potential odor and hassle...

I use a rag with Engine Degreaser (autozone, it's called "orage engine degreaser") sprayed on it and wipe it down.... very little elbow effort needed and everything comes right off.... then just use water to wipe/rinse...

OP
nystevecf

nystevecf

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I'll assume you are talking about cornies....

I hesitate to soak them in anything becuase they are not watertight and getting moisture under there, without adequate ventalation to dry, can create mold/odor - this wouldn't effect the keg so much as it would potential odor and hassle...

I use a rag with Engine Degreaser (autozone, it's called "orage engine degreaser") sprayed on it and wipe it down.... very little elbow effort needed and everything comes right off.... then just use water to wipe/rinse...
Yes cornies, thanks for the heads up on the mold. I will mage sure to pick some up today when I go out. Thanks again!