Cleaning Keg Lines...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

mhdfj2

Reaction score
I just got my stuff in to add a second tap to my kegerator and had a quick question. Do I need to clean my lines with oxyclean before I use them or just sanitize everything? I cleaned the keg with oxyclean, just wondering if I should clean the lines as well. Thanks.

Doog_Si_Reeb

Beer is Good. And stuff!
Reaction score
I'm not saying it's right or wrong, but here's what I do. I clean the keg with oxyclean and I hook up the co2 and run some through the lines and out the tap. Then when I rinse the oxyclean out with clean water, I'll run it out through the lines. Then I'll follow it up with sanitizing solution.

vfinch

Reaction score
I'm not saying it's right or wrong, but here's what I do. I clean the keg with oxyclean and I hook up the co2 and run some through the lines and out the tap. Then when I rinse the oxyclean out with clean water, I'll run it out through the lines. Then I'll follow it up with sanitizing solution.
Yup, same here. I push hot oxyclean through, let it sit for about 10mins, then clean hot water for about a minute, then sanitizer (which I drain out after).

boogyman

Reaction score
I use beer line cleaner (BLC). just mix it per the directions and let it sit in your lines for 10-15 min, then flush with water, and your sanitizer of choice. Seems to work well so far.