Cleaning hi temp hoses

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

winvarin

Reaction score
I have just integrated pumps and hi temp hoses with stainless QDs into my setup. Actually bought a pre made system from morebeer that came with different lengths of high temp hoses pre installed with the disconnects.

I

Hit send too soon

I have just integrated pumps and hi temp hoses with stainless QDs into my setup. Actually bought a pre made system from morebeer that came with different lengths of high temp hoses pre installed with the disconnects. I made a moderate strength beer yesterday (1.059 and 48-ish IBU. Everything got a flush post brew with either water at around 170f or with my left over starsan. This morning, the hoses still have a pretty strong hop and malt smell. The hoses I use for whirlpool even have a slight green tint. I am giving them an oxyclean soak at the moment, but am wondering if the lingering aroma and color are to be expected? I certainly don't want to have to break down the hoses unless it is absolutely necessary

Yes, odors and staining are to be expected. All I do is rinse mine immediately after use with hot tap water. Even if you soak them for a couple days in oxy, PBW, etc, you will still have odors and staining.

Back