Cleaning gummed up burner

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnnyc

Reaction score
Anyone got suggestions on cleaning a burner? I had a bad boil over my last brew day and now not all of the holes on my burner will burn.

I tried soaking it in PBW then scrubbing it with a wire brush. After doing this I hosed it out and hit it with compressed air to hopefully get most of the water out. I then hung it up vertically to let any left drip out. No dice still spotty flames.

I am going to look for a wire "pipe cleaner" the right size I guess to see if that works. Think HD would have it? Any other suggestions? BTW its the burner that came w/ my turkey fryer.

Thx

Edit: Forgot to mention I tried using a small pin nail to roll around inside each hole before lighting and that didn't help much, if any.

what type of burner . The one I use can be taken apart and cleaned . You could try boiling it maybe the soak didn't dissolve the burned wort?

Latest posts

Back