Cleaned Equipment but forgot to Sanitize

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CWalters

Reaction score
Okay, So I have two batches in question. I just racked one into a Corny and another into a Secondary. After doing so, I realized that I used 1-Step instead of Starsan to "Sanitize" the equipment. Should the batches be fine or am I SOL?

Thanks!

Although one step is not technically a sanitizer, it's been used with good results. Your beer will be fine, RDWHAHB.

Assume they are OK for now.

Sanitizing reduces teh risk of infection greatly. not sanitizing won't guarantee problems.

good luck!

Yeah, I wouldn't sweat it either. I sort of had the same problem over the weekend. I was bottling and I grabbed at least two bottles out of a group that hadn't been cleaned. They didn't have any visible funk, and I did sanitize, but I haven't had anything explode yet.

From what I've heard One-Step is rated as a sanitizer, but they can't call it that, since they just haven't bothered to get government ceritfication for it. Kind of like how certain farmers don't use pesticides, but can't say they're organic, since they refuse to pay the USDA the ceritfication fees. It's all about money.

Latest posts

Back