Clean C02 Lines before use?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hopper5000

Reaction score
Hey,

Just curious if people cleaned out their C02 gas lines before they hooked them up. I generally don't do this but am wondering if that might be a bad practice. I was going to swap my lines out soon since they are a few years old. Thanks.

I haven't.. No issue this far!

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

that's what I figured, however, can't Brett and other bacteria survive in these environments?

No need. Even if it something survive it wont be able to grow, nothing to eat. I do sometimes spray starsan into the gas in disconnect.

Yeah I always spray both of the posts and such before I connect things. Thanks for the help!

I hope you don't mind the revival/take over...

I have a restaurant who has not served anything off the taps in about 5-6 years. I have pulled all shanks/taps, couplers and any connections that beer ran through and cleaned them thoroughly with PBW. I am going to replace any beer lines, no question about that. They are funky. But I was wondering about the gas lines. I can grab them as well today when I go by the shop, but I was wondering if you guys think it is worth the cost and effort? Should I clean the old lines and reuse, or maybe leave them as they are? I fear having to run the lines through from the outside again, because it looks like it will be a pain.

It is a True 2 tower fridge with one tower plugged and the other is chilled insulated pvc that runs up into the wall behind the taps. Along with the beer lines is a tube from the fridge blowing cold air into the small compartment where the shanks come in keeping all the taps chilled.

Thanks for any suggestions, and sorry for the take over! :eek:

Latest posts

Back