clean and sort of cleaner

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are they new bottles and already clean? If so, I'd just sanitize them and bottle my beer.

If they are visually dirty inside or are used bottles from someone or some other place then I'd soak them in PBW, laundry detergent (unscented) or most any other detergent. Then run a bottle brush through them.

Whether new or used, they get sanitized with Iodophor or Star San prior to bottling.

Was
Are they new bottles and already clean? If so, I'd just sanitize them and bottle my beer.

If they are visually dirty inside or are used bottles from someone or some other place then I'd soak them in PBW, laundry detergent (unscented) or most any other detergent. Then run a bottle brush through them.

Whether new or used, they get sanitized with Iodophor or Star San prior to bottling.

purchased from someone and I will follow this procedures
Appreciate the reply

Detergents can leave a residue that destroys head formation/retention properties. Stick with the Oxyclean Free or (homemade) PBW for cleaning. Then StarSan for sanitizing.

Back