Citra, mosaic and Amarillo along with Conan yeast

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gotbags-10

Reaction score
Trying Conan for the first time. Trying to figure out a hop schedule. I have 12 oz of citra, 4 oz of Amarillo and 4 oz of mosaic. I'm also not opposed to getting some simcoe in there. My only concern is with all the different hops do lose some of the individual favors? Or can everything play well in the right ratios?

I have used these hops before in a pale ale, along with a few others. I had the following schedule:

1 oz. Chinook at 30 minutes
1 oz. Cascade at 15 minutes
1 oz. Amarillo at 10 minutes
1 oz. Citra at 5 minutes
2 oz. Mosaic at 0 minutes

Came out to about 60 IBUs, but very smooth bitterness and a lot of citrus flavor, especially mango from the Mosaic. (At least that's how I would describe the Mosaic.)

So if I had just the hops you have, I would do this:

1 oz. Amarillo at 30 and 15 minutes
1 oz. Citra at 10 and 5 minutes
2 oz. Mosaic at 0 minutes

I think pretty much whatever you do with those hops, it will turn out great. If you did want to add Simcoe, I would replace the first oz. of Amarillo with it.

Good luck and let us know how it turns out!

Those hops will all go well together. Combined with the Conan yeast you can expect a very fruity and delicious IPA!

I wouldn't waste any of those on bittering, get something like Warrior. I like a hop addition at 5 minutes, a big hopstand addition at 180 degrees, and an oz per gallon dry hop

Those hops will all go well together. Combined with the Conan yeast you can expect a very fruity and delicious IPA!

I wouldn't waste any of those on bittering, get something like Warrior. I like a hop addition at 5 minutes, a big hopstand addition at 180 degrees, and an oz per gallon dry hop

This^^^^

I am sitting here drinking a Citra/Mosaic IPA with Conan yeast right now. One of my favorite IPA's I have brewed. I bittered with an ounce of warrior.
2oz.Mosaic/1oz. Citra @flame out and sit for 5 minute chill to 180
2oz. Mosaic/1oz. Citra when wort is under 180 and 40 minute+ hopstand
Chill to 62
2oz. mosaic/1oz. citra dry hop in primary at Day 5-7 or so.

Amarillo would fit in well too. Be careful with the citra - if you go big on the citra, you won't taste the other ones. I would keep citra to 33% or less of hops. Maybe a 1:1:1 ratio or something like that at most for the citra.

Should be a nice combo of hops though.

Back