Cirque Du Soleil (Beatles Tribute)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jgln

Reaction score
PBS was doing a fundraiser last night and did a preview (seemed like all of it) of their show out in Nevada (I think) and it was unbelievable. Every time I see them (only on TV so far) they blow me away, their sets are out of this world as are the acrobatics. At one point in the show they did a Beatles tribute with the actual Beatle tracks that was awesome. Even a non Beatle fan might enjoy it but as a Beatle fan it was fantastic. :ban::ban::ban:

Haven't seen that one, but they have a permanent show in Downtown Disney in Disney World. The show is truly worth the price of the flight, the ticket, ... truly amazing.

I'll have to watch for the Beatles tribute version as I am a fan.

There is an awesome thing they do with a bed (A Day in the Life I think was the song) where they pull what I assume is the sheets from the bed out over what appears to be PART of the audience all while they raise the bed in the air creating a tent affect. They then do two "shows" with one under the "bed tent" and one above with different sections of the audience seeing one or the other. That is how it looked anyway.

Have you seen the two guys who do slow motion gymnastics with each other? The strength to do that must be incredible.

I got to see "O", the water-based show, in Vegas a few years ago...words can't describe it. I mean, every one of your senses gets engaged, then blown away. They even used incense and things. Amazing. It was the most I've ever paid for a show ($90) and it was worth every penny. World class athletes combined with artistry...mind boggling.

This is good to hear. Cirque is coming to GRR in January and I was thinking about getting tickets. My oldest kid, 13 year old son, seems indifferent to just about everything that I try to get him to experience, and to be honest it kinda p!sses me off. I'm hoping to get some kind of reaction out of him from it. Aside from that, I personally am excited about it after seeing it on TV a few times.

Speaking of which, I think I need to buy some tickets here soon.

I cannot imagine your 13 yr old NOT reacting - and its so much better live than tv. Doesn't matter what the tickets cost, you'll walk out knowing it was worth every penny.

A friend of mine said friends of his saw one of the "traveling" shows and was dissapointed compared to what they saw on TV. He said they think the traveling shows can't carry all the stuff with them and get it set up and torn down quickly so they are not as impressive. They said the stationary shows (Las Vegas) are probably much more impressive.

I managed to mosey out to Vegas for my 21st birthday and got to see 'Love' and 'O'. Unbelievable shows! Both were absolutely incredible and if you have any chance at all to see them definitely do. I want to go back so bad to see them. I am a huge Beatles fan and the show almost had me in tears bc it was so good... (almost, haha).

On a side note I got a beer with Woody Harrelson after the 'Love' show. He saw it too and when I saw him I yelled out, 'Kingpin was F&$%#ing awesome!!' Awesome guy. :mug:

I've seen Ka and Zumanity in Vegas. I saw one of the traveling shows in Dallas. The Vegas shows are way better because they are able to design the sets to interact with the show much better than they can when they have to use a mobile set. I would still encourage anybody to check out the traveling shows if you have a chance.

Back