Cincinnati/Newport brew pubs or bars

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swackattack

Reaction score
In town for a few days and would like to either hit up a brewpub or a bar with a solid draft list and food.

Thanks in advancd

I was just there for a couple days but I spent most of my time in Newport.

They have one of the few Hofbrauhaus' in the country. I was not overwhelmed by the beer but the Dunkel picked up some interesting flavors as it warmed and the food was good
http://www.hofbrauhausnewport.com/the-beer/

Buckhead Mountain Grill had a bunch of local stuff but nothing really jumped out at me. Food was good

The Beer Seller was right down the street and Moerlein Lager House is right across the river next to the baseball stadium. I cant speak for those but they sound like they might have a beer or two.

Worst case, the huge Kroger's, a couple exits down 471, has an awesome beer selection

Rhinegeist -- You need to go. Best brewery downtown. (Cincinnati)

Not a fan of Hoffbrauhaus. (Northern KY)

Yard House -- Great food and great local beer selection. (Cincinnati)

The Party Source in Bellevue (right next to Newport) is supposedly the largest liquor store in the US right now. Their selection is pretty impressive. They also have an in-house nano-brewery/taproom now, and do rare keg tappings of guest beers every Monday @ 5.

Covington (on the other side of Newport) has several good options. Try Keystone, Cock & Bull, or Molly Malone's.

The Party Source in Bellevue (right next to Newport) is supposedly the largest liquor store in the US right now. Their selection is pretty impressive. They also have an in-house nano-brewery/taproom now, and do rare keg tappings of guest beers every Monday @ 5.

That was a liquor store??? Son of a *****. It said party supply so I just figured it was really big Party City with steamers and crap. I was right across the street the whole time

They have actual party supplies too (and some specialty foods & stuff), but it's like 75% booze.

Angelic choirs should sing when the doors open.

Party Source is amazing for beer/liquor selection.

Since you mention good food too, head over to Cincy and hit Moerlein Lager House. Food is outstanding and the draft beer is great.

That was a liquor store??? Son of a *****. It said party supply so I just figured it was really big Party City with steamers and crap. I was right across the street the whole time

Yeah, and the last time I was there they had Pappy Van Winkle and other amazing selections!

I moved away from there 4 years ago, but didn't know much about beer then. Now if only I could find a good beer in San Diego.....hmmmm

Back