Cincinnati Brewpubs?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StunnedMonkey

Reaction score
Any recommendations for Brewpubs in Cincinnati? I'll be there with my family for a weekend in September. We'll probably have two meals (one lunch/one dinner) that would be brewpub candidates. Any suggestions? Family friendly please.

Well, if you like German beer and food, I had two meals at the Hofbrauhaus (across the river in KY). I walked over, but took a taxi back since it was late at night. It's right across the street from Newport on the Levee. There's a nice aquarium there, too, if you have kids that would like that. The Hofbrauhaus has a website, if you want to check it out.

I DONT recommend Beer Sellar. Lots of dirty filthy taps and NOT family friendly.

Rock Bottom is nice, and right downtown. There is one up north in Sharonville, called BJs that was very nice.

The Dilly Deli is on the East side in Mariemont (a neat little villiage that is on the National Register of Historic Places). They do mostly wine, but have received awesome beer reviews from Ratebeer and BeerAdvocate. Our homebrew club gets news all the time about brewmasters from regional microbreweries coming to town and doing special tap nights. I know Avery, Dogfish Head, Great Lakes, and Bell's have been there.

There is one up north in Sharonville, called BJs that was very nice.

Thanks guys. Turns out we're staying in Sharonville, near the Tri County Mall. We'll check out BJ's as a possible dinner spot.

We're going to be in town because my 11 year old daughter was selected to be "Captain of the Game" at the Red's game on Sunday 9/21. She gets to go out on the field before the game and walk the lineup out to the ump. Pretty neat.

Which begs the question...are there any decent brews being served at the Great American Ballpark these days? It's been a couple of years since I've been to a Red's game, and I don't recall what they had.

Take a lap - lots to be found. I know I have had some Christian Moerlien once and I talked to the folks at Mt. Carmel (local - very small - right out by my house) and they said they will have a few kiosks where they will sell their stuff (their stout is very thin, but their brown is pretty good).

Back