Cider beer line

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ajoha2003

Reaction score
Hi. I have issue dispensing cider from a keg. I have tower setup. I am running it 42F and the beer line currently is 4-5 Feet. Every glass that I poured end up being only foam or half and half. I was tried pressure from 4 PSI to 15 PSI and both are foaming. I was thinking to replace the line for a longer one. How long should it be?

That would be my first response as well. Switch out for 10 feet and you should be good.

I'm assuming you're using 1/4" line too. If the switch to 10' doesn't work (I'm assuming you're just going to cut your existing line), you can try switching to 3/16" line too.

I am planing to exchange the whole line from what we is there to 3/16 and going to make it around 12 feet juice in case. sounds good?

I'm just finishing my Keezer now and I have the guy at the Homebrew place cut me three 5 foot lines for my three cider kegs...
Am I going to experience the same problem?

When i went to me local store the guy told me that if you home brew the 5 feet is to short but i when with it any way, came in the set with the tower so didn't want to spend extra money. Now i change it to 12 feet line and it went from filling a full cup of foam to 3/4 of a cup normal and rest foam. Going to work with the PSI to make it better currently running on 12 PSI. In your case if your building from scratch i would do one line just in case a 10 feet or more.

I'm just finishing my Keezer now and I have the guy at the Homebrew place cut me three 5 foot lines for my three cider kegs...
Am I going to experience the same problem?

You should be fine. That's what I use for my cider and haven't had any issues with foam (none of my ciders have even had any head despite being pretty heavily carbonated). Mine is 3/16" tubing so if you got 1/4" you might, from what I understand, see a little more foam.

I had 5 feet of 3/16 had foam, now have 12 feet of 3/16 and have 1/4 glass of foam but working with PSI to get it done to none. I thinck becouse the keg has only 1/4 left and it was hevily carbonated that why i have the 1/4 of left.

ajoha2003 said:
I had 5 feet of 3/16 had foam, now have 12 feet of 3/16 and have 1/4 glass of foam but working with PSI to get it done to none. I thinck becouse the keg has only 1/4 left and it was hevily carbonated that why i have the 1/4 of left.

I talked to the guy at the brew shop about this and he looked confused and told me I shouldn't have a problem... R u sure everything is set up right?

I am no expert. I am joust trying to make me rig work. If it work for you with a 5 feet of line, that good. I read a some discussions about this topic and there some science behind it and formulas to use to even calculate it. I looked at it and decided to try a longer line. Hopping that going to fix the issue and the beer is pouring better.

Back