Cicerone Certification

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wscott823

Reaction score
Do you guys know anything about the Cicerone cert. Program (or anyone who has it)?

http://www.cicerone.org/

I heard about this the other day when listening to the BN, I was just curious if anyone in distribution or microbrewing could vouch for whether this is a helpful resume item. I wouldn’t want to go through the effort of obtaining it, if it’s about as sought after as a teeball trophy.

I want to take this test by the end of the year. I'll probably take the first part soonish, and then figure out when and where I'll take the certification. As for the master... well, who knows.

I'm doing it for personal knowledge. I have no interest in the BJCP certification because while it'd be fun to judge beer, I really want to work towards a career in brewing, and I don't think that the BJCP does anything for me. If anything, the Cicerone cert. will look good on a resume. If nobody cares, oh well, but I know that lots of industry people respect the program.

My understanding is that it is focused on training people who are selling and serving beer to know what the F they are doing.

FYI: Ray Daniels will be in my town (Asheville, NC) next week to teach his course and drink our fine local beers.

Back