Chugger pumps...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GeorgiaMead

Reaction score
Ive been lookin at getting an inline pump, but I cant find one everywhere and I mean everywhere is sold out... I can only find the center inlet...

Im not opposed but I prefer not to have to buy a reducer...

I guess im just worried about reducing the flow... Paranoid about burning up the pump.

Anyone have any thoughts on the center and inline... Just lookin for advice before I take the plunge

Ive been lookin at getting an inline pump, but I cant find one everywhere and I mean everywhere is sold out... I can only find the center inlet...

Im not opposed but I prefer not to have to buy a reducer...

I guess im just worried about reducing the flow... Paranoid about burning up the pump.

Anyone have any thoughts on the center and inline... Just lookin for advice before I take the plunge

It's impossible to burn the pump up by using a 3/4" to 1/2" reducer on the inlet. You will be fine. Lots of people do it.

The Chugger pumps are designed for flow regulation. The motor spins a magnet and the pump impeller is made of steel, so strong magnetism is what makes the impeller move.

I recommend completely disassembling the pump mechanism (8 phillips head screws to take it apart) and clean well after each use. Even if you pump boiling water through it, you can end up with residual that will grow mold. Don't just toss the pump in the garage and let it sit dirty.

Back