Chudnow vs. Taprite Regulator from KegConnection??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cabbii

Reaction score
I'm about to purchase a kegerator kit from Kegconnection.com. I'm wondering if it's worth it to upgrade to the Taprite regulator or should I just stick with the in-house (Chudnow??) brand? Has anyone has bad experiences with the Chudnow?

BTW, I'll be converting a Frigidaire FRC445GB mini fridge I picked up from CL.

FWIW, I have the Taprite dual body reg, and it is nice to be able to adjust your pressure without having a screwdriver. I also have the same Frigidaire model coverted to a kegerator, and if you plan on having your co2 cylinder inside the fridge, it makes it uber simple to adjust your pressures, otherwise you might have to pull your kegs out to do so easily with a screwdriver.

Plus the locking caps are just cool on the Taprite regs.

I know this thread is old, but I was interested in the same question. If quality isn't too much different, would something like this work as a turner knob? I obviously don't know what size screw they are using and whatnot, but I would think something could be created for a few dollars to alleviate the need for a screwdriver to change pressure

!BWbFGTwBmk~$(KGrHgoH-DUEjlLlypo6BK(Ve1i6mg~~_35.JPG

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2102830#

interesting idea
FWIW I upgraded to the Taprites on both my regs and don't regret it one bit, you end up adjusting the pressure more than you think so being able to do it w/o any tools is great.
But if you could add the knobs DIY style then go for it

TAPRITE all the way. I got mine from keg connection as well and it's so much easier with the knob on front. The knob is also slotted so if you can't get to it with your hand (say it's in the back of your kegerator) you can still use a flat head screwdriver to turn it.

I must have strong fingers, I have no problem adjusting the screw driver regulator with just my bare hands. I did keg lube the threads. You could always jb weld a penny in the screwdriver slot if you can't turn it with your fingers.

Back