Christmas Present, WOOT!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Conan4480

Reaction score
So we opened presents yesterday and my mother-in-law got me a Mr Beer for Christmas. Its not the full 5 gal kit but it will work. Then I opened one from my grand mother-in-law. She got me a full 5 gal ingredient kit from homebrewers outpost. I let the wife know that I would have to go to the LHS and get some more gear to brew that one up. She then asked me, "so you will have two kits?" My response was "yup". Her response was, "OK".

She still wants to know what Im going to do with all the beer I make.

So Conan, and what makes her think it will stop at "2" kits??????? right now I have 4 regular beers and a stout-ish product going at all times. Ya know the old saying,,,,, more is definately better, well with beer for sure

Once you start you cant stop @ one vessel.Now you can get a couple 2 gallon bucket or jars or 3 gallon carboy or 5 gallon and brew weekly if you want.ha

So Conan, and what makes her think it will stop at "2" kits??????? right now I have 4 regular beers and a stout-ish product going at all times. Ya know the old saying,,,,, more is definately better, well with beer for sure

You know, its funny you mention that. We have discussed what we were going to do after I retire from the military, still have 8 years left. The thought of starting our own business has come up several times. Last night she mentioned opening a micro brew/restaurant. It was her idea, so from now on when I buy new equipment I can always say I am preparing for retirement :).

You know, its funny you mention that. We have discussed what we were going to do after I retire from the military, still have 8 years left. The thought of starting our own business has come up several times. Last night she mentioned opening a micro brew/restaurant. It was her idea, so from now on when I buy new equipment I can always say I am preparing for retirement :).

Sounds like an awesome goal to me! And all the batches in the mean time will be "research" for your brewpub. An excuse to brew weekly I would say, better go back and get a few more fermenters :ban:

Back