Christmas in March! Just got some goodies! :PICS:

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jayhem

Reaction score
Look what the UPS dude brought me today! :rockin:

2012-03-08134654.jpg

Barley Crusher grain mill and Digital food scale (0.00 oz to 15 lb)

2012-03-07211132.jpg

Ingredients for my next 4 partial mash batches!

I feel like a kid at Christmas! :mug:

It will be nice to be able to store un-milled grain for months now instead of weeks with pre-milled stuff.

With ingredients ready for 4 batches the hard part will be deciding which one to make first!

Oh Ya! Nice Jayhem, I think you're gonna like that barley crusher.

Just so you know, there may be a little black ring around one of the rollers and at first I wasn't sure whether it was needed for the crusher to work or not. It eventually fell off into the grain and it's a good thing I saw it or it would have ended up in the mash.

Turns out it is not necessary and the other roller will start turning as soon as grain is poured in--without this ring.

Also check out gamma seal lids for your grain buckets. They work awesome and you can find them online and in most hardware stores.

Oh Ya! Nice Jayhem, I think you're gonna like that barley crusher.

Just so you know, there may be a little black ring around one of the rollers and at first I wasn't sure whether it was needed for the crusher to work or not. It eventually fell off into the grain and it's a good thing I saw it or it would have ended up in the mash.

Turns out it is not necessary and the other roller will start turning as soon as grain is poured in--without this ring.

Also check out gamma seal lids for your grain buckets. They work awesome and you can find them online and in most hardware stores.

Yea, they actually have a note in the instructions with the mill that note that the O-ring is not necessary...I'll probably cut it off so it doesn't end up in the mash!

Where did you find your grain storage buckets? Seems a lot of people are using those Home Depot buckets with lids? I'm going to keep them in bags until use but store in sealed buckets to keep mice out.

Now that I have the barley crusher I'm going to start buying my base malt in 50 lb sacks locally to save on shipping.

home depot buckets work great for grain storage.

you're gonna love the BC! nice haul.

home depot buckets work great for grain storage.

you're gonna love the BC! nice haul.

Yeah, unless you get them for free, I don't think you can do any better than the HD buckets.
Funny thing is the white buckets, which are exactly the same, right next to the HD buckets are $1.38 more. :)

Latest posts

Back