Christened New Gravity System

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lost_Arkitekt

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
So, as someone who started his own design firm (and we also design-build furniture), I haven't had the money to go "all out" on a single tier system.

After welding some furniture bases and a smaller meat smoker (already made a "Big Daddy"), I thought I'd take some scrap and make a brew stand and 3-tier, gravity feed system.

In my new system, I have two keggles that I made myself. I had the fittings TIG welded (although I could have MIG welded them, but I wanted them to have pretty, small welds), which was $55 for two kegs. I bought two lids (on a HD Calphalon SS lid)...one on ebay for $10 with shipping and the other on Amazon for $18. I have a PRIME account, so I bought two burners on there at $23 a piece. I also bought two Sanke fermenter (with thermowell) fittings from Brewer's Hardware at $84 each...and some misc fittings for about $50 total. I already had two kegs from way back for fermenting.

Then, I bought a plate chiller from Duda Diesel (and barbed fittings), a small submersible pump ($9) and some various hose clamps and other fittings (made a hop spider). All in all, I probably have less than $350 in this setup.

As I mentioned in another post, there are a few tweaks I need to make, but other than that, everything is good to go.

Let me know what you think...(my brew partner/friend is in the picture...not me.)

:tank:

gravity brew setup.jpg

I forgot to mention that I spent $50 from my LHBS for a Blichmann Autosparge, and that was one of the best investments I've ever made. It works too well! :rockin:

Looks really good. From the picture, it looks good enough to sell. Furniture and brew stand design firm.

Back