Chris Cornell, lead singer of Soundgarden, dies at 52

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have another beer.

RIP Mr. Cornell :(

Ah, I'm only teasing. Too soon?

Truth be told, he was my all time favorite grunge singer. Very recognizable with fantastic range and he put his soul into all he did. I'm not a big fan of grunge in general, and i wish he had done more progressive guitar-oriented stuff. Maybe a supergroup with Nuno Bettencourt, Carmine Appice, and (insert talented bass player here).

He was one of my favorites. I've him in concert quite a few times, from big groups like Soundgarden and Audioslave, to solo acoustic shows. Temple of the Dog has been one of my favorites for 25 years, and I still listen to that CD all the time.

He and Eddie Vedder were my "freebies".

I just watched a video a few days ago where he sang with his young daughter (about 13 or so, I think) and am sad to think of the loss in the music world.

Ah, I'm only teasing. Too soon?

Truth be told, he was my all time favorite grunge singer. Very recognizable with fantastic range and he put his soul into all he did. I'm not a big fan of grunge in general, and i wish he had done more progressive guitar-oriented stuff. Maybe a supergroup with Nuno Bettencourt, Carmine Appice, and (insert talented bass player here).

I know, I'm just sad. :mad:

So sad to hear, didnt listen to a lot of his music, but he was no doubt very talented. Forgot about temple of the dog, that was a nice album. Have been listening actually very recently to some live work on sirius. Think its pretty recent too, just him and a guitar.

RIP!

Right up there with Layne Staley as far as pure vocalist talent. Sad day :(

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't believe this, I've read he battled quite the demons but seemed like hes been doing well for years. Feel so bad for his kids as this was well sudden for us but I'm sure he'd been battling with this decision for awhile. Prayers to his family.

RIP!

This is one of my favorite songs he did, this whole album was awesome.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KO6odc5VJmY[/ame]

I was a huge fan when I was in my early teens, but kinda grew out of it as I got older. Then just last month, my boyfriend threw on Bad Motor Finger while on a road trip and I was struck by how amazing it still sounds, and was particularly blown away by his vocals. He was such a talented man, and it's such a shame that he took his own life :(

This one really sucks! I am a huge Soundgarden, Audioslave, Temple of the dog fan. Chris was one of the greats in my book and I thought he was one of the stronger ones who'd beat his demons, but I guess not. A bummer these guys were such tormented souls. So sad for his kids and family.

Back