Chris Cornell, lead singer of Soundgarden, dies at 52

HomeBrewTalk.com - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Community.

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

Homercidal

Licensed Sensual Massage Therapist.
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Have another beer.

RIP Mr. Cornell :(
Ah, I'm only teasing. Too soon?

Truth be told, he was my all time favorite grunge singer. Very recognizable with fantastic range and he put his soul into all he did. I'm not a big fan of grunge in general, and i wish he had done more progressive guitar-oriented stuff. Maybe a supergroup with Nuno Bettencourt, Carmine Appice, and (insert talented bass player here).

Yooper

Ale's What Cures You!
Staff member
Admin
Mod
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
He was one of my favorites. I've him in concert quite a few times, from big groups like Soundgarden and Audioslave, to solo acoustic shows. Temple of the Dog has been one of my favorites for 25 years, and I still listen to that CD all the time.

He and Eddie Vedder were my "freebies".

I just watched a video a few days ago where he sang with his young daughter (about 13 or so, I think) and am sad to think of the loss in the music world.

firerat

F-You I'm Drunk
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Ah, I'm only teasing. Too soon?

Truth be told, he was my all time favorite grunge singer. Very recognizable with fantastic range and he put his soul into all he did. I'm not a big fan of grunge in general, and i wish he had done more progressive guitar-oriented stuff. Maybe a supergroup with Nuno Bettencourt, Carmine Appice, and (insert talented bass player here).
I know, I'm just sad. :mad:

applescrap

Be the ball!
Reaction score
So sad to hear, didnt listen to a lot of his music, but he was no doubt very talented. Forgot about temple of the dog, that was a nice album. Have been listening actually very recently to some live work on sirius. Think its pretty recent too, just him and a guitar.

olotti

Reaction score
I can't believe this, I've read he battled quite the demons but seemed like hes been doing well for years. Feel so bad for his kids as this was well sudden for us but I'm sure he'd been battling with this decision for awhile. Prayers to his family.

jafo28

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
RIP!

This is one of my favorite songs he did, this whole album was awesome.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KO6odc5VJmY[/ame]

shellsbells

Reaction score
I was a huge fan when I was in my early teens, but kinda grew out of it as I got older. Then just last month, my boyfriend threw on Bad Motor Finger while on a road trip and I was struck by how amazing it still sounds, and was particularly blown away by his vocals. He was such a talented man, and it's such a shame that he took his own life :(

Scturo

Reaction score
RIP CC,

Last edited by a moderator:

thunderwagn

Reaction score
This one really sucks! I am a huge Soundgarden, Audioslave, Temple of the dog fan. Chris was one of the greats in my book and I thought he was one of the stronger ones who'd beat his demons, but I guess not. A bummer these guys were such tormented souls. So sad for his kids and family.