Chop & Brew: Belgian Dark Strong Ales

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chopandbrew

Reaction score
[ame]http://youtu.be/XGN5McTBifs[/ame]

Chop & Brew is joined once again by Wyeast brand manager Michael Dawson for a backyard brew session. The goal: a high-gravity Belgian Dark Strong Ale. We discuss what it takes to create a successful “big beer” while sampling a high-octane brew from Dawson’s homebrew cellar. Brewers, we’d love to hear your tips and techniques to high-gravity brewing. Leave a comment below.

Awesome job on this episode Chip. I watched it at lunch today. Chop & Brew is filling the void for me now that Brewing TV is no longer Brewing TV. There was just something about this episode and the Boat Bitter episode that just felt right. Maybe it was having Dawson along for the ride, or maybe it was the hands on brewing, or maybe it was the geeky yeast talk, or maybe it was the Abstract Artimus in the backround.....something just felt like old times. Keep it up and hope to continue seeing more of the hands on stuff from Chop & Brew.

watched it at lunch today as well, best episode of chop and brew yet! and you guys finally mentioned HBT :D

Loved this episode, I love the super borderline obsessive compulsive knowledge about homebrewing Dawson brings to the table. I really felt inspired to brew one soon. I've not had much luck with belgian brews...I've always enjoyed belgian beers but mine have always been meh.

Chip, your productions are, by far, my favorite brewing programming. The end of Brewing TV was a sad time for me. Glad to see you and the guys, (and Artimus), back and brewing.

Nice episode Chip. Good people, good humor, good music, good brewing! Was the square container used at the yeast pitch directly from Wyeast? It looks like a pretty cool way to store yeast.

Rockin'! Great episode, Chip. I'm glad Michael Dawson is making a reappearance, you guys works so well together. What about Jake Keeler? Any chance of getting him to join the show?

Back