Chocolate Indulgence Stout

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cimirie

Reaction score
Has anybody stumbled across a good clone recipe for Ommegang's Chocolate Indulgence Stout? It is one of my favorite all time beers and I'm looking for a good clone. I see that Austin Homebrew has a kit, but I'd like to support my local HBS and purchase the materials there.

Your help, as always, is appreciated!!!!

No, but I made BYO's Young's Double Chocolate stout clone recipe and it's turning out pretty nice after a few months in the bottle. The fellas at the homebrew club seemed to like it.

I've never had Young's 2x Chocolate Stout. Is it similar to chocolate indulgence? Could you post the recipe? Thanks for the feedback!

Funny... I am a week away from tapping a keg of a choc stout.
I believe it was an Edwort recipe, but I took some liberties in the chocolate department. Should be very good.
I've been counting the days remaining for the conditioning. :)

I've never had Young's 2x Chocolate Stout. Is it similar to chocolate indulgence? Could you post the recipe? Thanks for the feedback!

I don't think they're that much alike. Ommegang's uses Belgian yeast (unless I'm mistaken) and isn't, IMO, as chocolaty. I don't have a Chocolate Indulgence clone recipe for you though.

I don't think they're that much alike. Ommegang's uses Belgian yeast (unless I'm mistaken) and isn't, IMO, as chocolaty. I don't have a Chocolate Indulgence clone recipe for you though.

It being from Ommegang, I kind of figured there'd be beligian yeast. Like I said, I've never had the Youngs, but what I loved about the Ommegang was how creamy, smooth, and brilliantly chocolaty it was. If Young's has more chocolate, I need to go out and get me some!!!

Anybody had any experience with brewing Belgian stouts before?

Thanks for all the feedback thus far!

Going to zombify this thread and bring it back to life (hopefully) - I'd love to find a recipe for Chocolate Indulgence.

Back