Chocolate Hazelnut Stout

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RallyintheValley

Reaction score
So, I've been searching and reading all kinds of threads about chocolate hazelnut porters and stouts, but none of them are really hitting on what I want. The closest I found was Jamil's Chocolate Hazelnut Porter. I found his extract recipe, but it was for a 6 gallon batch.

Obviously, I can just scale it down, but I'd really love to hear from someone who has brewed a 5G extract Chocolate Hazelnut Stout or Porter.

I'm thinking of just tweaking my irish stout recipe by adding 8 oz of cocoa powder at 10 min and some hazelnut extract at bottling.

Ideally though, someone out there has a killer recipe that they would be willing to share. Or, has anyone brewed a kit such as AHS's Rogue Chocolate Stout clone and added to it?

6 Gallons=

.5 gallon left in the brew pot upon racking

.5 gallon left in the carboy upon bottling

=5 gallons of clear, finished beer.

hmmm i did a choco-hazlenut stout years ago. so long ago it was before i kept detailed notes for the recipe. i remember using a full bar of baker's unsweetened chocolate, hazelnuts toward flameout and i think i might have even added a dash of hazelnut extract. iirc the beer did have head retention even though you hear a lot about the fats from the nuts killing your head. not always the case. i thought it was ehh, but others really liked it. go figure:confused:

Back