Chimay Red

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bump!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I guess I will go with galena. 1/2 oz. will do about the same job as 1 1/2 or 2 oz's of my Tettnang.

people don't like to follow links, read stuff and then come back, next time put the recipe in the post.

Out of all the hops you have on hand the galena is the one that will contribute the most bitterness with minimal flavor. Decent choice if you just want bitterness and not flavor or aroma.

I've made this exact same recipe already and it turned out great. I would substitute the bittering hops for something else that you have on hand but keep the aroma/flavor hops the same as in the recipe if you can.

avidhomebrewer said:
I've made this exact same recipe already and it turned out great. I would substitute the bittering hops for something else that you have on hand but keep the aroma/flavor hops the same as in the recipe if you can.

Cool. Good to know that someone else has done it!! I think that I may use the White Labs Trappist yeast instead. I think that is the Chimay one????

Back