Chiller anyone?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BuffaloSabresBrewer

Reaction score
Well I am and thanks to HBT I found this site.
www.coppertubingsales.com
They sell rolls in 50' and 100'. I am planning on making a 25' chiller. It seems this size is pretty common and will work perfect for me I think. Well I dont see any reason for wasting 25' of copper. Is anyone Interested in splitting a 50' roll of copper so both of us can make some sexy immersion chillers. BEFORE shipping 50' of 3/8 is $33.25. After shipping to my house it $42.29. If anyone is interested let me know. If I get alot of responses we could even get a 100' roll for more savings. If not Ill just bite the bullet and buy the whole roll. Let me know when even you the chance. Prost!

2ndstorey said:
Use it all. You might not think you need it now but 50' of 3/8" will seem like its just not quite enough very soon.

I agree! In fact go for the 100 foot roll. When I do 5 gallon batches and use my wimpy 25 foot immersion chiller the water isn't very warm coming out and that's with me stirring the wort the whole time. Takes 20-35 min depending on what time of year it is. Bigger is better! You Won't regret making one a little too big but you will KICK yourself after you find you could of had one that would have met your needs better but you cheaped out!(hehe, I have done this! Don't make the same mistakes other people have. Instead learn from them.) And whatever you decide, GRATS on your up-coming chiller!!!!!!!! :rockin: :rockin: :rockin:

Thats a good price. I'd take 25 feet to make a pre-chiller for my 25 foot immersion chiller. I live in Georgia, and in the summer, tap water alone is not cool enough.

Back