chill haze?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChandlerBang

Reaction score
Whoa! What is this noise? My first batch is bottle conditioning on top of the stand up freezer. Still a little chilly, around 65 degees because we keep the house damn cold. After 10 days I pulled one and stuck it in the fridge. I was actually suprised at how clear it was in the bottle at room temp (after all it did sit in a secondary for a month because I was busy). I let that bottle sit in the fridge for a week and when I pulled it out it was terribly hazy!
The beer was goodish though, green and flat (as expected).

Will the chill haze subside with enough time in the fridge?
Will this happen with the whole batch regardless of how long they bottle condition?

Yes, my first few batches had bad haze (now I use Irish moss), but after a few weeks in the fridge, all of mine have cleared up fine.

As I post this thread I see the similar threads link pop up with about a hundres damn options that I couldn't find in a search earlier. I must have been in the wrong forum.

Back