Help Support Homebrew Talk:

Yooper

Ale's What Cures You!
Staff member
Admin
Mod
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I made a chicken caccitore dish today, but I didn't have any green peppers (which I think are important for the dish).

I browned three slices of bacon, then browned the chicken and onions and garlic in the bacon fat. I removed that, crumbled the bacon, and deglazed the skillet with chianti. It all went into the slow cooker with my homemade spaghetti sauce and some thickly sliced button mushrooms and a bay leaf. We're serving it with rice (just added it to the slow cooker) and a brocolli/cauliflower mix, and of course chianti to drink.

My house smells so good!

I only feel like cooking about once a month or so, but when I do I enjoy it!

D0ug

Reaction score
I'm jealous Yooper, if Maine was a little closer to Michigan I'd try to invite myself over!
I can almost smell your kitchen from here.
We haven't done our "Big Shop" for the week yet, so the boys and I are having grilled cheese sandwiches, tomato soup and carrot sticks. Paired with a nice Elmo juice :D

Daddy might break out a red ale to have with supper though.... homebrew goes well with just about anything. ;)

OP
Yooper

Yooper

Ale's What Cures You!
Staff member
Admin
Mod
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I'm jealous Yooper, if Maine was a little closer to Michigan I'd try to invite myself over!
I can almost smell your kitchen from here.
We haven't done our "Big Shop" for the week yet, so the boys and I are having grilled cheese sandwiches, tomato soup and carrot sticks. Paired with a nice Elmo juice :D

Daddy might break out a red ale to have with supper though.... homebrew goes well with just about anything. ;)
It really was good! The chianti was nice with it, but the Sierra Nevada Torpedo for after dinner really hits the spot!

SpanishCastleAle

Reaction score
I only feel like cooking about once a month or so, but when I do I enjoy it!
You should retire so you can cook more.;)

Sounds delicious, always looking for tasty crockpot recipes.

I made southern fried chicken in the ole cast-iron skillet yesterday (with baked mac & cheese and sauteed asparagus). I'm still stuffed!

Latest posts