Chicago Area-Prairie Rock Brewfest!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rhoobarb

Reaction score
Prairie Rock Brewing Company will be hosting their 11th Annual Brewfest in Elgin, IL on Friday, June 16th and Saturday, June 17th. I haven't been to this before. My girlfriend and I are planning to attend on Saturday!:mug:

My vanilla kicks their vanilla's ass. I should let them try mine. Chumps.

If we're free on Saturday night, maybe I'll pack up the family and head on over. Too bad it's in Elgin and not Schaumburg. Even then, Elgin is only 20 minutes away.

Not being local I hadn't heard of them (not unsurprisingly) so I checked out their website and got :confused: by this?:

Clock Tower Lager
Light, dark caramel and two-row pale malts with just a touch of roasted barley give our amber ale a well-rounded malt body. Cascade and Willamette hops produce the fine balance that makes this beer a great accompaniment to anything on our menu.

I see where Prairie Rock Brewing Company uses a lot of Liberty hops. Has anyone brewed with these before?

Rhoobarb, hope you and your girl have a great time, let us all know how it goes.
jeff

BOSTONBREWIN' said:
I see where Prairie Rock Brewing Company uses a lot of Liberty hops. Has anyone brewed with these before?
I used them in one batch of something a long, long time ago that I can't remember, much less how it tasted. So basically, this post is pretty much useless.

:D

BOSTONBREWIN' said:

My "Lazy Monk" has Liberty, but I haven't tasted it yet. Been too darn busy to bottle! I'll let you know how it goes in about 3-4 weeks.

Back