Chest keezer crapped out!!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jud

Reaction score
Ok so my 16 cubic foot chest freezer took a dump this week. Yep you guessed it I have about 18 gallons of beer in there. How long do I have before I have to start worrying about skunky beer. I can't get a new freezer for a while, budget!!! Yep it sucks to be me!!!! Need some advice quick!!! Thanks

That sucks about the keezer! Beer skunks from exposure to light not temperature changes. Your beer will be fine at room temperature until you get your keezer situation figured out.

Thanks guys!!! I was worried about that!!!

Mighty thought about the party idea, but I have to work on this weekend.

Lowes credit card = free delivery and pickup of the old freezer.
No interest if its paid off in 6 months.

If you don't pay it off in 6 months they own your soul.

Lackey2000 I need to put in hard wood floors before I can buy anything else for brewing. Unless you have a spare room, a really good attorney that works for beer, and a moving van.

Lackey2000 I need to put in hard wood floors before I can buy anything else for brewing. Unless you have a spare room, a really good attorney that works for beer, and a moving van.

I don't know if you saw the fine print on my post. In truth, I don't recommend credit to anyone.

But I feel your pain...
70f5lc.jpg

Ever since our little rug rat came along, the brewing budget has been severely cut back. But no worries, she's the world to us!

I like the idea of the party/fundraiser. Maybe you can put those kegs on ice next week?

Some beers are served at cellar / room temp. I prefer darker beers closer to room temperature. I'm not talking when it is 90F out in the summer though. If you or one of your friends has a basement, that might be the next best alternative.

Back