Chest freezers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewshki

Reaction score
Anyone have good suggestions for a chest freezer? I would prefer a cheap one but you gotta do what you gotta do.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I got the cheapest 7 cu ft model from Lowes -- believe it was around $155 after coupons, etc. Kind of chintzy, but fine for a fermentation chamber.

Is there no getting into this cheaply haha? All my other pieces were pretty cheap so I guess it could be worse

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I bought my 7.2cf chest freezer off of craigslist for 60 bucks and then built the stc-1000 for 40ish. 100 total, might not get a whole lot cheaper than that unless you are given a freezer.

I find people seem to think worn out chest freezers are worth more than new ones.

I mean really, $200 for a 10 year old POS is idiocy.

I went with a new freezer from Best Buy and used a moving pack coupon.

thats basically the conclusion i am coming to. I found a few on ebay (local pick up only of course....in Massachusetts) and i am having a hard time finding anything on craigslist. I found a 5 cf for about 150 at walmart and i think I'm just going to do that. at least i will know it works haha

The 7.1 was right around $160-170 at best buy before the 10% coupon and it fits two 6 gallon fermenters with room to spare.

You might take a peak.

Back