Chest Freezer Specs and Layouts

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

wepeeler

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Definitely appreciate this thread. I was able to blindly (with a modicum of confidence and without being able to see a floor model) buy an Insignia 7 cu ft chest freezer today as a result.
When I got it home, I was able to confirm it will hold (4) ball locks on the floor. Plus room for a 2.5 gallon keg on the hump.
Bought it from Best Buy @ 229.99
Model: NS-CZ70WH0 SKU: 6385046View attachment 755034
Very nice. Might have to look into that.

The first keezer I bought fits 4 kegs and a 5lb CO2 tank on the collar. I bought what I thought was a dupe version of my first keezer, and it's like an ass hair smaller. I can't fit in a 4th keg. Ticked me off...

dcranford

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Definitely appreciate this thread. I was able to blindly (with a modicum of confidence and without being able to see a floor model) buy an Insignia 7 cu ft chest freezer today as a result.
When I got it home, I was able to confirm it will hold (4) ball locks on the floor. Plus room for a 2.5 gallon keg on the hump.
Excellent! Ditto for me, and I'm ordering this one from BB today.

franknbeans

Connoisseur of little
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
You guys should look into some sort of shock absorbing mat to put in the bottom of these. I put a dime size hole in mine from a full commercial metal bottom keg when I lost my grip on the handle. It only fell maybe 3-4 inches, but the metal is super thin on the inside.

the_oilman

Reaction score
We need to start a GoFundMe for @thadius856 and lure him back to the thread and his hobby that led to the Greatest Thread in Beer History. Man, I wish he was still creating the layout files. But I do enjoy coming back and re-reading previous posts by all of the threads conbtributors. Great stuff here.

boatbuilder

Reaction score
Do you happen to know the exterior dimensions for this one? My magic chef died and I am trying to have it fit in my keezer enclosure.

beerfactory

Reaction score
Do you happen to know the exterior dimensions for this one? My magic chef died and I am trying to have it fit in my keezer enclosure.

I see it's 20 bucks cheaper now...
  • Product Height
    33 1/2 inches
  • Product Width
    32 1/10 inches
  • Product Depth
    21.7 inches

boatbuilder

Reaction score
I see it's 20 bucks cheaper now...
  • Product Height
    33 1/2 inches
  • Product Width
    32 1/10 inches
  • Product Depth
    21.7 inches
I was mostly curious about if the width was accurate. My magic chef was 35.5 inches. And my cabinet can only handle that width but I can adjust the height of the colar. Mine could fit the same amount in so I think the insignia is the way for me to go especially they have one Instock local. I'd be stock for the smaller width for extra ventilation for it.

beerfactory

Reaction score
I was mostly curious about if the width was accurate. My magic chef was 35.5 inches. And my cabinet can only handle that width but I can adjust the height of the colar. Mine could fit the same amount in so I think the insignia is the way for me to go especially they have one Instock local. I'd be stock for the smaller width for extra ventilation for it.

It is. I measured this morning before I looked that up

broadstrokes

Reaction score
Model: NS-CZ70WH0 SKU: 6385046

Would you be so kind as to share the internal dimensions? Height (to inner lip), Hump height, width, depth

Trying to pick between this Insignia ( NS-CZ70WH0) and the Frigidaire ( FFCS0722AW). Unfortunately, none of the stores in my area have floor models, though half will lie about it over the phone to get you onsite lol.

byersjus

Reaction score
I searched, but I couldn't find where the master "flat file" aka excel sheet was ever posted.

I have an exterior width limitation so it would be great to filter the database to only those models under my limit.

Latest posts